) Proposed Event Date(s): January 28 | April 28 | July 28 | 10/27
2) Event Title: New Voices Reading Series
3) Event Description for Publicity (75-word limit): The New Voices Reading Series enters its SEVENTH YEAR with more performances by NYC’s best up-and-coming writers and poets.
4) How Does This Event Fit With the Bluestockings Mission (1-2 sentences): This reading series looks to feature marginalized voices, specifically writers of color and the LGBTQ community, who otherwise would not have a platform for sharing their work. I also look to feature writers and poets who are new to performing their work and need a welcoming, safe environment in which to share.
5) Participant Bios for Introductions (75-word limit each): HOST: Raquel Penzo, writer & editor from Brooklyn, NY, and founder of La Pluma y La Tinta. Raquel is also the author of My Ego Loves the Compliments…And Other Musings on Writing.
6) Technical needs (see list above): For the readings we’d only need a mic + stand, a podium, and a stool/chair for the stage area.
7) Organizer Contact Information (phone, email, address): I can be reached at 917.968.8787 OR email@example.com.
8) Are there other similar events (for the same book or project) happening in NYC? If so, where and when? I do hold other one-off readings throughout the year in other boroughs, etc, but the New Voices Reading Series is the main series of its kind. The others have special themes and distinctive names.
9) How are you planning on conducting outreach and promotion? I promote via my FB page (www.facebook.com/RaquelPenzo), Twitter (@TheJadedNYer), IG (@TheJadedNYer), and through my mailing list/newsletter.
10) How many people do you anticipate will attend? Each reading features UP TO eight (8) performers and about 15-20 audience members.
For Book Events:
11) Book Information (please list all books needed for all participants, including backlist):
12) Is this the book’s release event?
13) How many books do you think would be ideal for us to have on hand?